By: Ashley Bryce, Liana Cole and Sasha Muradali
Each year the Hunger Games are held inside the Capitol, in the county of Panem.
Panem rose out of the rubble that once was North America and had thirteen districts that surround it, each having a unique purpose. Tired of servitude, the thirteen districts of Panem rebelled against the Capitol and the nation turned into a battle ground.
In the end, the Capitol held down the resistance and District 13, known of its nuclear power, was destroyed in a disaster.
The twelve remaining districts signed the Treaty of Treason and the Hunger Games were born as a punishment for the costly rebellion.
Each year the districts have to sacrifice one girl and one boy, known as tributes, to the games. These tributes engage in a battle to the death with
The victor who goes back to his or her district with fame and fortune. In honor of the games we have dreamed up a drink for each district.
District 1 – Luxury
District 1 creates the luxury goods for the Capitol, making them a favorite of the Capitol’s as well as for the Hunger Games title each year.
This district’s tributes, along with District 2 and 4, make up the “Career Pack,” a group that because of favor from the Capitol, prior training and better living conditions, dominate the games almost always winning.
A sugar champagne cocktail is perfect for this jewelry-making district.
- ¾ oz elderflower liqueur
- Juice of ¼ lemon
- Dash of sugar syrup
- Rim champagne flute with sugar.
- Combine elderflower liqueur, lemon juice, and sugar syrup together in shaker with ice.
- Strain into champagne flute.
- Top with champagne.
District 2 – Masonry
District 2 is presented as Panem’s stone quarries but provides most of the nation’s Peacekeepers.
Children here are raised with a warrior mind-set and are natural favorites in the games.
Making up one-third of the Career Pack, many of the tributes from District 2 see the games as a chance for recognition and glory. They always eagerly volunteer for the games.
A rocky road mudslide highlights the characters of this mountainous warrior district.
- 3 cups of vanilla or chocolate ice cream
- ¼ cup chocolate syrup
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ounce Bourbon
- ½ cup mini marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons almonds
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
- Combine ice cream, syrup, milk, and bourbon into blender.
- Blend to desired consistency.
- Add marshmallows, almonds, and chocolate chips.
- Blend for five seconds.
- Pour into glass.
- Top with extra marshmallows and chocolate chips.
District 3 – Technology
District 3 makes electronics for the Capitol, particularly specializing in television and explosives.
The children are intelligent, learning how to make complicated electronics from a young age.
A drink with a little bit of a spark compliments this tech-savvy district.
- 2 oz Whipped Vodka
- Splash 151 Rum
- Chocolate Ale
- Whipped Cream
- Add whipped vodka to shot glass.
- Top with 151 rum.
- Fill half beer glass with chocolate ale.
- Top ale with whipped cream.
- Light shot on fire.
- Top with cinnamon to spark.
- Blow out shot OR drop shot into beer glass.
District 4 – Fishing
District 4 is one of the wealthiest districts in Panem and provides seafood for the Capitol.
Being by the ocean has been a benefit for the children many volunteering to be tributes.
From a young age they learn how to swim, make hooks for fishing and learn to use tridents, giving them an advantage over many other districts.
District 4 is the last member of the Career Pack.
An island drink is best suited for this wealthy fishing district.
- 2 ¾ oz Coco Lopez cream of coconut (or coconut milk)
- 2 ¼ oz cachaca
- ½ oz dark spicy rum 151 (if you are unable to find cachaca, use all rum)
- ¼ oz pear juice (can be substituted with pineapple or mango juice, but not all three. Use pineapple if using all rum.)
- 1 oz seltzer water
- 2 tsp fresh sugarcane juice
- 1 wedge of sugarcane
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Combine coconut milk, cachaÃ§a, dark spicy rum 151 and fresh sugarcane juice into a shaker with
- Put fresh ice into large highball glass.
- Pinch of cinnamon atop fresh ice in glass.
- Pinch of nutmeg atop fresh ice in glass.
- Pour seltzer water into large highball glass slowly.
- Shake contents in shaker.
- Strain contents from shaker into large highball glass.
- Garnish with sugarcane stick or cinnamon-dusted pear wedge.
District 5 – Power
District 5 creates electricity for Panem.
A smaller district, District 5 is tasked with providing power for the entire nation of Panem. While not a member of the Career Pack, this district has a very low number of children signing up for tesserae, a extra food supply provided to families from the Capitol in exchange for an additional entries added into the pool for the Hunger Games.
A powerful electrifying energy drink is ideal for this power-making district.
- 1 ½ oz Citrus Vodka
- ½ oz Blue Curacao
- 2 oz sour mix
- 1 can Red Bull or choice energy drink
- lemon wedge garnish
- Fill glass with ice.
- Pour in vodka, blue curacao and sour mix.
- Fill to the top with Red Bull.
- Garnish with lemon wedge.
District 6 – Transportation
District 6 provides the transportation for Panem.
Not much is known about this district besides for its principle industry and average number of Hunger Game victors.
A quick fuel-like shot is suitable for this transportation district.
- 1 oz Jagermeister
- 1 oz flavored energy drink
- Splash grenadine
- Combine ingredients into shaker with ice.
- Pour into shot glass.
MAY THE ODDS
BE EVER IN
**drink photos taken by Liana Rochelle Cole**
Sasha H. Muradali owns the Little Pink Blog and Little Pink Book PR, LLC. Sasha holds a MA International Administration with a concentration in Intercultural Communication from the University of Miami (’08) and a BS Public Relations and Dance from the University of Florida (’07). She has been featured in Forbes, CNN and Business Week. Sasha tweets fervidly (@SashaHalima), loves Harry Potter and the colour pink. Get a copy of the Little Pink Blog delivered to your Kindle and ‘LIKE’ us on Facebook.
Ashley Bryce holds a B.A. in Political Science with a minor in Classical Studies from the University of Florida (Go GATORS!) and is currently a graduate student studying Strategic Public Relations at The George Washington University . She is fluent in Latin and has a passion for translation. A Miami girl who loves politics, old movies, Doris Day, and all things Harry Potter related. Find her on Twitter (@ashleyellene) and LinkedIN.
Liana ColeÂ has a Master’s of Science in Global Strategic Communications from Florida International University and a B.A. in Journalism and a minor in Fine Art from The University of Central Florida. In addition to being a Harry buff, Liana is a certified bartender by ABC Bartending. She has a love for culture, music and art of all kinds. Find Liana on Twitter (@Liana_Rochelle) and LinkedIN.
Little Pink Blog & Little Pink Book PR are federally registered trademarks of Little Pink Book PR, LLC. Â© 2009-2012 Little Pink Blog & Little Pink Book PR. All Rights Reserved.