Joanna Krupa’s latest advert for PETA has the Catholic Church in a high rolling spin of naked proportions…and apparently some very misguided ones too.
The President of the Catholic League, Bill Donohue , told Fox411
“The fact is that cats and dogs are a lot safer in pet stores than they are in the hands of PETA employees. Moreover, pet stores don’t rip off Christian iconography and engage in cheap irreligious claims. PETA is a fraud. It also has a long and disgraceful record of exploiting Christian and Jewish themes to hawk its ugly services. Those who support this organization sorely need a reality check. They also need a course in Ethics 101.”
Before I go any further I’d like to point out a few things:-
- PETA stands for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals
- Animals are not safer in pet stores than in the hands of PETA, because we are talking about the same people that pour fake blood, ketchup, jello, paint etc. on the real furs that celebrities and models wear, outside of large events, when they protest.
- We are also talking about the same PETA that got on President Obama’s back for swatting a fly earlier this year.
- Just because a pet store doesn’t wear Christian iconography, or “rip them off” as Donohue said, doesn’t mean that they have sound and safe animal practices. Neither, have anything to do with the other one.
- It can also go the other way around, just because someone works for PETA doesn’t mean that they are a saint. But on that same note, because PETA is an extremist organization for the welfare of animals — it’s highly doubtful that they would harm those they have sworn to protect.
In response to the statements made by the Catholic League, Krupa said,
“As a practicing Catholic, I am shocked that the Catholic League is speaking out against my PETA ads. I’m doing what the Catholic Church should be doing, working to stop senseless suffering of animals, the most defenseless of God’s creation.”
Joanna Krupa is a Polish American model and actress. She is signed with Elite Model Management and was in Season Nine of Dancing With The Stars. She was partnered with Derek Hough. This is also not her first advertisement with PETA and is in the same company as Khole Kardashian, Pamela Anderson, Eva Mendes, Alicia Silverstone and others who will go naked, rather than wear fur.
In my opinion, while I respect the Catholic religion, I have to agree with Krupa on this one. I just don’t believe, that a humane God would be against stopping the suffering of defenseless animals. After all, in the context of both arguments, we are all His children.
Sasha Muradali runs the â€˜Little Pink Bookâ€™ . She holds a B.S. in Public Relations from the University of Florida (â€™07) and an M.A. in International Administration from the University of Miami(â€™08). She loves Twitter and all things social media, so you should find her @SashaHalima or get a copy of the â€˜Little Pink Bookâ€™ delivered to your Kindle.